iVAC designs and supplies the world’s finest workshop automated dust control systems for do-it-yourselfers, professionals, and schools. iVAC products improve workshop safety and air quality and make dust control simple and convenient.
For many years, the company relied on a dated website to communicate to the market and sell its offerings. The site was outdated, not optimized for search engines, and was difficult to navigate. Roughly two-thirds of visitors were leaving the site without browsing or buying.
Kaszas Marketing worked closely with the company’s principals to refine its core messages, create a new website, and leverage a social media strategy..
Following our proven methodology, we began by surveying the online customer experience in terms of navigation, clarity and context. We also performed a communications audit of the company and its competitive landscape.
Through detailed analysis of website statistics, we identified how shoppers were interacting with iVAC’s web presence and its shortcomings. We then developed a new web site that features:
- Improved navigation
- Audience funneling based on need
- Clear and concise content with prominent calls to action
- Responsive design for mobile devices
- Search engine optimized content
- Dynamic content management
During our research we also uncovered a variety of social media groups related to woodworking and workshops. We created Facebook and YouTube channels as complementary communications tools to help convey the iVAC message and tied these into the new web site.
Within the first month, site traffic metrics had increased substantially:
- Valid site visits increased by 50%
- The bounce rate was halved
- Time spent on site and actions taken improved substantially
- Social media streams now have several thousand followers and these are being leveraged for engagement and promotion campaigns
- Nearly 20% of visits culminated in an action (contact, sign-up, call)
- New dealer inquiries were generated by the web site
- Complaint calls and emails related to the website have been eliminated
We continue to work with iVAC to organically grow the site’s volume of new visitors and social media followers to help get the word out about iVAC.We have also been engaged to develop a new online shopping engine and corporate web site for iVAC’s parent company, BCT International, using similar methodologies.